Within a few months of its launch, Samsung Galaxy A9 has got its operating system updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, as promised. The already users can get it available under Settings>About Phone> System Updates> Check for Update.
China is the only country wherein the tech-giant has offered its latest offering Galaxy A9 and its update Android 6.0.1.Marshmallow for the first time. The latest version comes with the build no. A9000ZCU1BPE2 as reported by SamMobile. Prior to this, Samsung has brought two updates to its latest offering Galaxy A9. Galaxy A9 is the first phone in the Galaxy A metallic series to receive the Marshmallow update. The other phones like Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A7 will soon be getting this.
The current users can download the update by following under mentioned steps:
- Open the notification appearing on the screen for the Marshmallow update
- Press “Download”
- Then click on “Restart & Install”
- The device will automatically start rebooting
- A message will be displayed as “Installing System Update”
- Automatically device will be upgraded
- Once the upgrade is over, the update will run on your device
This new update has come up with salient features like Google Now on Tap, Fingerprint Reader Support, different emojis, Runtime Permissions and Doze Mode. Doze mode, being the unique feature of this new update, offers the users to save battery life by using the deep sleep mode while the phone is not being used for a stipulated time.
The other specifications of Samsung Galaxy A9 which make it the best among the high budget mobiles are:
- Build-up of Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Back Panel
- 6 inch display, which is the widest as of now
- 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal memory and expandable up to 128 GB
- 13 MP front camera with LED flash
These all, along with the latest update of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow make it one of the best in the league.